Time well wasted

Saturday, June 25, 2011
Chroma Cave
I love deep fried anything. If I'm at a carnival or state fair and they deep fry something, I'm having one - or two. This trip was born out of a conversation about how a local restaurant's "deep fried hamburger" is not actually deep fried, but topped with an onion ring that is deep fried. Within a few days a friend had located a place a few hours away in Jenkins, AR that actually does deep fry a hamburger and the decision to drive there was made.

The timing was impeccable because today is the tiny town of Jenkins' 14th annual Elk Festival which included the state championship elk calling contest, a miss elk pageant, a dutch oven cook off, and who knows what else. If that isn't your idea of a good Saturday then I don't know that we would get along.

It was also very close to some very good hiking, so we took off early in the morning to get a hike in before the deep-fried lunch. Editing wise I actually did very little to this picture. All the colors were present in the original but the HDR process really brought them out. A little unexpected, but I like it.

The one flaw in the otherwise perfect Saturday plan was that the restaurant that usually serves deep-fried hamburgers is right by the Elk Festival and was serving a limited menu due to the rush. The regular hamburger just wasn't the same.

Chroma Cave
posted by Brian @ 5:41 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At July 17, 2011 at 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    these are really amazing pictures! We need to just have an event where I make food and you can take awesome pics of it:)

     
  • At July 17, 2011 at 10:30 PM, Blogger Brian said…

    Yes we should! Taking pictures and eating are two of my favorite hobbies.

     
  • At July 12, 2012 at 3:43 PM, Anonymous Saber mas said…

    hello there. I merely placed this unique writing a blog websites and even I need to are convinced that this valuable is a superb post. Thx just for this unique exceptional information and facts.

     
  • At July 12, 2012 at 3:43 PM, Anonymous Ingresa aquí said…

    Great post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am inspired! Very useful information specially the remaining section :) I handle such info a lot. I used to be seeking this certain information for a long time. Thanks and best of luck

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Blog

Links
Previous Post