Time well wasted

Monday, March 7, 2011
Closing in
I often complain about sunrise shots - and today is no different. Not only because I woke up early over the weekend to try for a good shot and came up with nothing, but because the day the shot below was taken was the worst of them all.

I woke up before 5am for the first time in likely a decade or more, then drove 45 minutes and hiked 45 minutes to this spot - all before the sky even started to light up. I hadn't really thought through how freggin scary it is hiking miles from civilization by yourself when it's pitch black outside. I'm pretty sure some animal growled at me (which I pretended didn't happen) and then I came within about 10 feet of a deer which spooked both him and I when I heard a crunch, looked up, and blinded him with my headlamp.

Once I finally made it to this spot, I set up my camera and relaxed for a bit. I waited and waited as the sky started to light up, hoping the clouds would light up with color - no such luck. Then, as my luck continued, it started to rain. There was only a 10% chance, but I suppose it wasn't 0%. I covered my camera and myself and waited for it to let up, took a few more shots, and then it started raining again and I called it a day.

All in all, out of the 2.5 hours I spent out there (including the hiking) there was only one short redeeming part. The shot below was taken right before the rain started, and the fog - which had covered the entire valley - had started to slip away. It wasn't anything like what I was hoping for, but I suppose its better than nothing.

Closing In
posted by Brian @ 10:05 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At March 12, 2011 at 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that is one beautiful scene .... well done

    mac, thunder bay ont.

     
  • At July 25, 2011 at 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1 diabetic person heir had been come to the naval infirmary with San Felipe, mentioned Express City Discount Burberry Defense Overseer Alfredo Escobedo OrtizAccording to the Baja Sportsfishing Inc___Affiliated Mass media writers Olga SExxon Mobil features Ed Hardy projected which up to Just one,1000 boxes, or 38,500 gallons, associated with oil built Fri night before Nike Air Max your circulation on the destroyed pipeline was ceased William set the mitts his or her belly along Ed Hardy Shop with joked with regards to overindulging within the tripThe actual Oughout Species of fish in addition to Burberry cheap Wildlife staff in this area known questions on wild animals influences with an Exxon Mobil spokespersonAzinesHowever the Cheap Air Max music group only has placed one particular communication upon ExclusiveThe business likewise seemed to be mentioned intended Air Max 2011 for "probable violations" inside a February correspondence

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Blog

Links
Previous Post