Time well wasted

Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Powerscourt Estate
This picture is the polar opposite of whats going on outside my window right now.

For one, the green grass has been replaced by a few inches of ice and snow. Two, there's no awesome mountain (which would actually be a welcome addition to the snow - at least I could snowboard). And three, I don't know what the opposite of sprawling gardens outside a mansion is, but I'm pretty sure it's what I've got going on outside my tiny apartment.

This was taken at Powerscourt Estate which I think is a little southwest of Dublin. Its a beautiful place but it's been redesigned to milk tourists for as much as possible while retaining as little of the original charm as possible. It now has a hotel next door, two golf courses, and a number of shops (a mattress store if I remember correctly) and restaurants. You can't even see most of the inside of the house because it's only available to be rented out for weddings. But I suppose you've got to pay the bills somehow.

Powerscourt
posted by Brian @ 5:12 PM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Blog

Links
Previous Post