Time well wasted

Monday, March 28, 2011
The Picture Show
Ever since I was a kid I've always enjoyed taking pictures. I remember getting my first camera (a Polaroid advantix that could take 3 different sizes of pictures!) for a school trip to D.C. From there I moved up(?) to digital, playing around with my dad's 0.3 megapixel Sony Mavica. It finally become an actual hobby in grad school as a means of decorating the bare walls of my home and office. I never planned on, or ever wanted to, become a professional photographer. I've spoken to far too many who no longer even take pictures for fun - only for the job. Every shot I've taken has been a scene I wanted to capture for one reason or another, but never considering selling it in those reasons. I enjoy photography, and I hope to keep it that way.

I still have no desire to be a professional photographer, and I still only take pictures for my own enjoyment. However, for the first time my photographs are on display and available to purchase. Honestly I don't care much about selling them (although selling a few to break even on the cost of the frames might be nice) I really just thought it would be pretty cool to have my pictures up somewhere. So today's shot is a little different in that it's not just one of my pictures - it's a picture of my pictures.

Common Grounds
posted by Brian @ 11:17 PM  
8 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Blog

Links
Previous Post