Time well wasted

Monday, February 25, 2008
The crash
So I caused a car accident yesterday. That's actually probably not a fair description, because caused implies I was at fault. And I wasn't, but if it weren't for me there would not have been an accident. So here's how it went down. I was at the intersection of a small road and a highway (Plaza dr. and Hwy 60 for anyone who knows Monett). There was no stop light and the highway had no stop signs, so it's a 2 way stop I guess. I was on the small road at the stop sign facing south waiting to turn left (east). An SUV facing north also waiting to turn east (a right for him) was across the highway from me and had arrived first so he had the right of way. There was a break in traffic on the highway long enough for both of us to turn east if no one dawdled, him first followed by me as right of way rules would have it. After he started to turn I started to as well. As I was across the highway turning left it would take me longer to reach the lane and had we both kept our current rates of speed I would have found myself behind him by a few car lengths with no problems whatsoever. However, after he made it half way onto the highway he sees me coming from behind (slowly I may add) and decides I obviously do not see him - which I certainly do - and hits the brakes. At this time a large truck (who had already been in a front end collision recently by the looks of the grill) slammed into the back of Guy A's SUV. I'm barely halfway on to the highway when he hits his brakes so I get to see it from a very good vantage point. I then swerve slowly around the wreckage and continue on my way. Even though Guy B in the truck was certainly at fault I still feel a little guilty - it surely ruined someones day.

This picture has nothing to do with the above story, I just like the picture. It's a park near Cal's old place in Chicago that we passed on the way to the aquarium. I got the idea for this from a friends shirt. It was a picture of a tree and a bench in blue with a lighter blue background. I took the color of one of the leaves from the tree and used just that color and white. It's really easy and looks all artsy and fun, I think I might frame it and put it in my office. This place needs some green. I did this to a bunch of other pictures while in Monett (always lots of time on my hands there) in different colors, I'll probably post more soon.


posted by Brian @ 10:43 AM  
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Blog

Links
Previous Post