Time well wasted

Thursday, January 10, 2008
Best year ever
I don't know if it was necessarily the best year ever, but it was definitely up there. God has blessed me with amazing friends and amazing experiences. So here, in review, are my favorite things in 2007 - ordered by date.

20. 1st snowboarding trip of 07
The year started and ended with snowboarding. That’s how I like to roll

19. Valentines Day/Blake’s Bday
It was a good night, and I was totally had by the prank. Well done sir.

18. The car wreck
All in all it was definitely an interesting evening and is a great story to tell. And I got a new car out of it – always a plus.

17. Costley’s wedding
By far the most fun wedding I’ve ever been to

16. Getting into photography
I’m not sure exactly when it happened so this one is sort of a guess. But it’s been a darn fun hobby. This is my first HDR photo.

15. Dallas trip for John and Lincoln’s wedding
The wedding was good, but the trip itself was more fun. I discovered IKEA and went out in Dallas for the first time – and got a picture with Yogi. Doesn’t get better than that.

14. B cubed Bday party at Callan’s
Emo was in town, Lisa made lots of good food, and there was a swimming race on noodles – good times.

13. Callan’s Bday
Spelunking then cake. Days don’t get any better.

11. Skip Day
It was all “I am Legend” at the campground, the diner we went to for breakfast, and the trail. It was like the world knew we were coming and got out of our way.

10. Florida Trip
Each year we do this the trip is better and better. I think when I’m older I’ll look back and swear they were some of the best days of my life.

9. My Birthday
It was part of the Florida trip, but it was so good it deserved its own number. Much thanks to Callan for the Jet Skiing, Wes and Taylor for the cakes and everyone else for making it probably the best birthday I’ve ever had.

7. The Alabama game
Random right? I like football, but it’s rare for a game to be one of my favorite events of the year, but really it was the group of people I watched it with and the sheer excitement of the game that made it so cool – even though we lost.

6. Nicks bachelor’s party
Nothing like beer, cigars, bbq, college football, and a blow log to celebrate the end of one’s bachelorhood.

5. Halloween party
It’s become THE party at the West Ave. House. Schellhase – you got robbed.

4. My trip to Portland
I never let a work trip be defined by the work I do there. I never knew why people liked the Northwestern US so much until I went there. It’s one of my favorite cities I’ve ever been to.

3. My trip to Chicago
It was far too short but just a ton of fun. From Chicago style pizza to zoos to a play to shopping to crashing an architect’s party and so many more things packed into 3 days.

2. Random trips to Blake’s office
Mary offered to let me move my office over there since I spend so much time there. It’s like my work away from work.

2. Wine and cheese parties
Two parties and 50 some bottles of wine later we are the kings of the wine party.

1. Snowboarding again
It’s just as fun the second time of the year.

1. Christmas with the family
I don’t get to see them nearly enough anymore, but I thank God for every time we get to come together again.


Ok so there were actually 22. 20 was just a guess (I had to start somewhere, and didn’t really feel like planning it all out). There were others that stood out as great but I didn't have pictures for all so I narrowed it to the ones I did. I started this because I wanted to post pictures I hadn’t had a chance to. But I think I’ll do it again every year just to remind myself how blessed I am. It was a great year, maybe the best of years, and here’s to many more.
posted by Brian @ 11:09 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At January 10, 2008 at 1:05 PM, Blogger Cal said…

    It was an amazing year full of sweet pictures. You definitely are blessed and you continue to be a blessing. Thanks for reminding me of the fun times in '07.

     
  • At January 18, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Blogger Wes said…

    I'm glad I was there for alot of those. Especially #18.

     
  • At January 19, 2008 at 11:43 AM, Blogger Taylorius said…

    Your interest in pictures compliments your blog. I 2nd what Wes said. Reading your caption to each photo was a memory drug-rush of all the fun we had this past year. I'm kinda woosie from it. I missed the 2nd snowboarding trip like I'm missin yall right now. Hopefully I'll be in at least a few of your pictures when you recall 2008.

     
  • At January 19, 2008 at 5:28 PM, Blogger cara said…

    LOVED THIS POST! It makes me want to do the same...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Blog

Links
Previous Post