Time well wasted

Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Paths
I haven't posted in a while, mainly because I haven't been taking a lot of pictures (or any really - it's quite sad). Its amazing how busy you can keep yourself while not really doing anything at all. The whole three day weekend was kind of a blur - although very fun.



I took this picture because I don't think I had ever seen a wooden sidewalk before and it reminded me of Frost poem The Road Not Taken which is all about the decisions one must make in life and the paths one chooses. I try not to think of these things often because I'm perfectly happy with my life - but I know that eventually I'm going to have to take another path to somewhere, and that's a very scary thought. As all my friends around me start looking for jobs elsewhere I can't help but think I should do the same. I feel very blessed to say I've lived life being able to look back and not regret decisions (big decisions that is - there was that one time I ate that old frozen burrito...) I just hope that streak can continue.
posted by Brian @ 2:44 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At January 23, 2008 at 5:08 PM, Blogger Cal said…

    Even though new paths are unknown and kind of scary, they are exciting. Streching yourself is a challenge, but it is completey worth it in the end when you realize how much your view has expanded. The frozen buritto, however, was not a good idea - they are never a good idea.

     
  • At January 24, 2008 at 12:17 PM, Blogger taylorius said…

    i'll bet you weren't the only one that regretted you eating that burrito.

     
  • At January 24, 2008 at 8:49 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    I just taught "The Road Not Taken" this week. We might need to talk about what the poem really means. Let me know when you're up for some poetry analysis... And love the title of the post; that's a Brad Paisley song, you know.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Blog

Links
Previous Post