Time well wasted

Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Tonight the stars speak
There's nothing like watching a flaming chunk of space dust disintegrate in our atmosphere to pass the time. And I figure, if it's worth watching, it's probably worth trying to take a picture of. The problem is, even during the better meteor showers you usually only get a meteor or two per minute, and it's a big darn sky.

Regardless, I spent the wee morning hours of a few days last week driving out to the middle of nowhere to try to photograph a shooting star. I'll go ahead and disappoint you now - I didn't catch one. I saw quite a few, but never quite got the camera aimed at the right place at the right time. But all was not lost, I got a few good star trails and some shots of the milky way while out there.

And honestly, you can't ever call a night spent watching a meteor shower a failure.

Star Trails


Milky Way
posted by Brian @ 9:37 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Blog

Links
Previous Post