Time well wasted

Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Up in the valley
With a potential ice storm looming on the horizon I am most thankful for one thing... that I'll be in Texas for the whole darn thing.

The last time I visited my girlfriend's family was also a trip to warmer weather - Colorado. I would never have thought Co would be warmer than Arkansas in November but wrong I was. The nice weather made for a perfect hike in the Rockies, somewhere near Boulder I think. Snow covered many parts of the trail but even high in the mountains it stayed in the upper 50's or so.

Knowing I was already going to have to lug around my camera I decided to go sans tripod, which in hindsight was a bad idea. It's also a little embarrassing hauling around a tripod with people you barely know (although slightly less embarrassing than when I had a tiny point and shoot camera). Lesson learned, next time I'll bring the tripod regardless. Luckily a few pictures ended up ok, so it wasn't a complete loss.

In the valley of the Rockies
posted by Brian @ 9:03 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Blog

Links
Previous Post