Time well wasted

Thursday, July 31, 2008
Witness something truly majestic
This was number one on Morgan Freeman's list of things to do before dying from the movie the Bucket List. I'm pretty sure that so far, Machu Picchu is probably the coolest thing I've ever seen in my life. And not just the city, but the surrounding mountains, and getting to see the sun rise over them. I took a fairly ridiculous number of pictures here.

Cal and I's first day there we hiked Mt. Putukusi. It's a nearby mountain that overlooks MP - and you don't see the city until you get to the very top. My first view of it is the black and white picture at the bottom of my last post. It was amazing.

Cal and I on Putukusi


The next day we left for MP before dawn and got up to the city in time to see the sun rise over the Andes.


We then climbed Huayna Picchu.


Apparently I figured my legs could take another hike, so I went up Machu Picchu.

It was a long freggin hike. I had no idea when I started how long it was, but I certainly didn't expect it to be that long. Compare it with the view from Huayna Picchu to see the differences in altitude - and Huayna was a difficult hike. My legs hurt for days afterward, but it was completely worth it. Certainly the most majestic view I've seen to date.

posted by Brian @ 9:04 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Blog

Links
Previous Post